Pages

Monday 10 February 2014

Introduction....

Hello,


My name is Mikki, and I have created this blog in order to share my experience eating clean foods that are nutrient dense and gluten free. 


I was recently diagnosed with a gluten intolerance with a potential for a lactose intolerance/allergy.  I have always been a foodie, and have loved to eat and prepare foods.  Little did I know, that most of the foods I had been eating were slowly making me feel sick or ill.


On January 3, 2014, I decided to make a life change.  I started to juice, which is making fresh pressed juice (I used as much organic produce as possible) on a reboot, which I learnt about here, and after 10 days, I slowly reintroduced healthy clean foods backs into my diet. I started vlogging my struggles on my iPad, and will consider posting them online for all of you to see! 


I am now eating whole foods, unprocessed or refined and I feel amazing!  I am here to share my story, recipes and struggles with you, the reader, and hopefully inspire you to incorporate healthy, whole foods into your diet as well!


I have chosen VitaMikki as my blog, as the kitchen appliance I use the most, although it is not the only tool I rely on, is my Vitamix.  It has changed the way I prepare many of my foods and has made a difference in my clean-eating lifestyle!


I am not a health practitioner, nor am I, or anyone in my family, employed in the health food industry.  I am just one woman taking control of her health, one sip (or bite) at a time. Most of my education regarding these subjects have been self-taught, through reading books, articles, and speaking with health professionals.


I hope you enjoy the posts!


VitaMikki
x










 

No comments:

Post a Comment