Pages

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Review - Orange Vinaigrette Salad Dressing

Smooth and Silky Until...


I decided to try one of the recipes that I received in the Savour Recipe Book (page 194) that accompanied my Vitamix Blender.  Let me tell you, when it was freshly made, it was amazing!  I love the taste and it had a smooth and silky texture.




Orange Vinaigrette - Photo by VitaMikki


Orange Vinaigrette, courtesy of the Savor Recipe Booklet, by Vitamix



Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
  • 1/4 cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 medium oranges (peeled), halved
  • 4 scallions, halved
  • 2 Tablespoons (25g) sugar (I used coconut sugar)
  • 1 large jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed
Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
  2. Select Smoothies program.
  3. Press Start.
  4. Allow machine to complete programmed cycle, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
This takes 10 minutes to make from preparation to finish.  It yields 2 1/4 cups (540ml) of dressing.



Finished Product - Smooth and Silky



After refrigeration, I noticed that the dressing starts to coagulate.  Essentially, I think it starts to gel back together, which doesn`t make it convenient to pour from the storage container.  The portions I have refrigerated can be re-blended and used again as a silky dressing.  As for what is in the bottom of my salad jars, I am not quite sure how to salvage the chickpeas that have been soaking in this dressing without digging them out with a spoon.  Now, i still ate the salad I made for dinner yesterday, and it was still delicious.  I am just adjusting to the texture of the dressing.


I attempted to locate this recipe on the Vitamix website, and was unable to do so.  If anyone out there has some tips on how to keep this vinaigrette from turning into a pudding in the bottom of my salad jars, I want to hear it!

Healthy Cooking!

~Vitamikki
x

No comments:

Post a Comment